Home of the Sentinels
The athletic philosophy of the Seton Catholic Preparatory Athletic Department promotes individual dignity, personal development and social interaction. Here, we are dedicated to providing a leading athletic program for all student-athletes in a Christian atmosphere.
We believe athletic success is not measured solely by the number of wins and losses, or the number of trophies or championships won in a given season. Success is measured by the degree to which our student-athletes live up to the principles of the Seton Catholic Prep mission: academic excellence, leadership and loving service to others. The education of each student-athlete is our first priority. We adhere to the “Pursuing Victory with Honor” principles as outlined by the Arizona Interscholastic Association.
Championship Quality Sports
- Since 1986, Seton Catholic Prep has earned 47 state championships in AIA competition.
- Seton Catholic Prep ranks in the Top 10 as the most winning school among all high schools in Arizona.
With a total student enrollment just below 600 students, Seton Catholic Prep offers a variety of opportunities to participate in athletics. Each year, roughly 67% of all students are involved in athletic programs from the freshman to varsity levels.
Many student-athletes at Seton Catholic Prep find success not only during their high school careers, but also at the collegiate level. Over the past six years, more than 75 athletes from Seton Catholic Prep moved on to collegiate competition, including many Division 1 signees. Our athletics programs continually develop quality student-athletes year after year. Our coaches have the knowledge and talent to push their student-athletes to the next level.
|SETON COACHES LIST|
|Mark Bakeman||Boys Golffirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kent Nowak||Cross Countryemail@example.com|
|Tom Anthony||Girls Golffirstname.lastname@example.org|
|James Johnson||Girls VBemail@example.com|
|Denise Underwood||Swim & Divefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ray Patche II||Boys Basketballemail@example.com|
|Peter Redlich||Boys Soccerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen Self||Girls Basketballemail@example.com|
|Whellyn Carroll||Girls Soccerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Erikah Gamez||Beach Volleyballemail@example.com|
|Holly Forseth||Boys Tennisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|John Engelbert||Boys Volleyballemail@example.com|
|Janonn Hasan||Girls Tennis||Jhasan@setoncatholic.org|
|Jim Shewbridge||Track & Fieldfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Sentinel Athletics at a Glance
- Fifteen varsity sports teams participated in AIA state playoff competitions in 2015-16, winning 3 state championships and 1 runner up
- Varsity teams posted a 243-169 record in 2015-16
- The Class of 2016 sent 15 student-athletes on to collegiate programs
- Many coaches and athletes have received post-season sectional and all-state honors
- Girls basketball competed in the Dicks Sports National Championships in New York, NY in 2016 and 2017 as one of the top-ranked high school teams in the nation
- AIA Tony Komadina Award 2008-09
- 4A-II East Sky Region: Joe Korte Award 08-09
- Don F. Stone Award recipient: 2002-03 | 2003-04 | 2005-06 | 2006-07
- Blue Cup Award Finalist: 2005-06
Did You Know
- Seton Catholic Prep competes in the AIA 4A Desert Sky Region
- Varsity teams: 21
- Total teams: 34
- Mascot: Sentinels
- School colors: Red and Gold
- Seton Catholic Prep head coaches each have an average of 8 years’ experience
- Seton Catholic Prep Athletics employs an operations staff of 5 and more than 70 coaches
- Average student-athlete GPA in 2015-16: 3.32
Athletics Office Contacts
480.963.1900, Ext. 2020
Assistant Athletic Director
480.963.1900, Ext. 2123
Admin Assistant - Athletics
Admin Assistant - Athletics
480.963.1900, Ext. 2021