How to Apply
Seton Catholic Preparatory is proud of our international students who comprise approximately 2% of the student body. We hope that you find the information below useful. Please contact our Admissions Office for additional information.
The application deadline for the 2020-2021 school year is January 24, 2020. The application includes: Biographical/Student section, 3 recommendations, TOEFL results, transcripts, essay and a Zoom interview. Candidates who do not meet the application deadline are considered late applicants. Late applicants may apply from February 1 through May 31 and their chances for admission are limited by the number of spaces available.
- All international students MUST submit a Seton Catholic Prep application for admission. Alternate applications such as the common application and/or agency application will NOT be accepted.
- The most recent TOEFL scores MUST be submitted no later than January 24, 2020 to Admissions@SetonCatholic.org.
- Zoom interviews MUST be completed by January 24, 2020.
- International families and/or placement agencies are solely responsible for identifying prospective host families for the student. The host family must be identified and confirmed by January 31, 2020.
We encourage all international candidates and their families to visit Seton Catholic Preparatory if possible. If you are not able to visit the campus personally it is required that you arrange a Zoom interview with our Director of Admissions, Guillermo Vidaurri. To schedule an interview, please contact the Admissions Office at 480.963.1900 Ext. 2122.
- We require that candidates for grades 9, 10 and 11 submit scores from The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- The Educational Testing Service (ETS) is the organization that administers the TOEFL test. A listing of the computer-based testing sites is provided in the TOEFL literature.
- For more information, please contact the TOEFL organization directly:
Telephone: 609.771.7100. Fax: 609.771.7500 (Princeton, NJ, USA)
- For the international student who is comfortable with the English language, The Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) is offered at international locations in November, January and April. To meet our application deadline, a candidate should take the SSAT in November.
- ETS TOEFL – minimum score of 80 iBT TOEFL with no section lower than 17; minimum score of 550 on the paper-based exam
- IELTS – minimum overall score of 6.0 on the IELTS Academic
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) – minimum English academic score of 53
As Seton Catholic Preparatory is a day school, host families for international students are required. All arrangements for the host family are to be made by the prospective student’s family or a placement agency.
For more information, contact:
480.963.1900, Ext. 2122